This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

Gives you a sense of wonder...

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Server:Thor
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

This maintenance covers changes on Loki to WoE and balance issues.

• Guild cap changed
    • 16 + Guild Extension Skill Level * 2 = Max Member
  • Guild alliances temporarily disabled.
  • Castle economy gain rate reduced.
    • Economy ticks take twice as long
  • Castle recapture bonus reduced to 50% of lost economy.
    • Old: 100 economy, castle broken: lose half so 50, recapture and regain the lost 50, so 100 again
    • New: 100 economy, castle broken: lose half so 50, recapture and regain half of the lost 50, so 75 now
  • Base MATK has returned to the normal (pre-nerf/official) amount.
  • The nerf for fixed MATK bonuses from items (not) stacking with percent modifiers has been altered. Instead of not applying at all, 50% of the fixed MATK will be bonused and 50% will be fixed.
    • So if you have a base MATK of 100, a bonus of +30%, and a fixed bonus of +20:
      • Original [pre-nerf]: (100 + 20) * 1.3 = 156
      • Old [nerf]: (100 * 1.3) + 20 = 150
      • New: (100 + 20/2) * 1.3 + 20/2 = 153

Enjoy.

76561197974791235.png gevPLNF.png jbwxQPp.png
Disclaimer: "All opinions expressed by Big Dumb Object (BDO) on this website and in the game are solely BDO's opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Rebirth B.V., the RebirthRO staff and/or any/all contributors to this game"

Remember to always take into account Hofstadter's law and the ninety-ninety rule.

"Simplicity is the next element of beautiful code. We often feel beauty in simple code. If a program is hard to understand, it cannot be considered beautiful. And when programs are obscure rather than comprehensible, the results are bugs, mistakes, and confusion." 
-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#2 Winter Kimmy

Winter Kimmy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Excellent
  • Server:Loki
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:41 AM

• Guild Cap: Looking forward to this!  :wub:
  • Alliances: RIP Frosted Puff and Owning  :Ggg:
  • MATK: I love how you explain it this time.  :Rice:

I'm first!!

KimDefender of O w n i n g EX

Bulk supplier of below items. Tab's name and Price are as in the image~!

Kim%2527s%2BShop.png

IGN: [ KimDefender ] [ Kim Agent ] [ Neoloki ] [ Sky Kim ] [ Kim Soul ] [ Frozen Kim ]

#3 I Am Reno

I Am Reno

Teach me Hao 2 Sinx

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

• Guild Cap: Looking forward to this!  :wub:
  • Alliances: RIP Frosted Puff and Owning  :Ggg:
  • MATK: I love how you explain it this time.  :Rice:

I'm first!!

At least I'm not the only one that instantly thought 'Rip FP' They're gonna be useless now 8D

IGN:

Ace Advocate

Stalked by Yung

Reno Da Wiz

Prof Yung

iyung_by_davedesigns-d3fe5py.png

#4 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:38 AM

At least I'm not the only one that instantly thought 'Rip FP' They're gonna be useless now 8D

They thought that, too. Got a lot of PM's from them after the forewarning announcement asking me to reconsider. I asked them about 2 years ago to stop dominating WoE with cheap tricks (numbers) or it'd mean changes would have to come to prevent them from doing it. They did nothing about that, like, at all. I guess they thought I was bluffing??? :lol:

I don't bluff B)

Disclaimer: "All opinions expressed by Big Dumb Object (BDO) on this website and in the game are solely BDO's opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Rebirth B.V., the RebirthRO staff and/or any/all contributors to this game"

Remember to always take into account Hofstadter's law and the ninety-ninety rule.

"Simplicity is the next element of beautiful code. We often feel beauty in simple code. If a program is hard to understand, it cannot be considered beautiful. And when programs are obscure rather than comprehensible, the results are bugs, mistakes, and confusion." 
-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#5 titainus

titainus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:39 AM

Is antagonist bonus removed too?

Titainus | Defenus     ti7cGtf.png    Kritical Khaos

#6 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:41 AM

Is antagonist bonus removed too?

Sadly, yes. As the limit for alliances and antagonists is the same setting. So they both must be equal. This is just temporary, though. Alliances will return after a while.

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#7 Adrenaline Rush

Adrenaline Rush

Carrot Cake \o/

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

It won't stop us.

I Dated The Emp, Before I Broke Up With It

OC9xsJa.png?1
Bunny Man

#8 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

It won't stop us.

vdsF5Nt.png

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#9 M a S k

M a S k

Better Than Ur Ex and Better than Ur Next

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

They thought that, too. Got a lot of PM's from them after the forewarning announcement asking me to reconsider. I asked them about 2 years ago to stop dominating WoE with cheap tricks (numbers) or it'd mean changes would have to come to prevent them from doing it. They did nothing about that, like, at all. I guess they thought I was bluffing??? :lol:

I don't bluff B)

How is having numbers a cheap trick ?? FP has always been big since day 1.

FP has and will always dominate..

Posted Image

You too thick to skinny dip

#10 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

How is having numbers a cheap trick ?? FP has always been big since day 1.

FP has and will always dominate..

That's what EA said. But yeah,

vdsF5Nt.png

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#11 Winter Kimmy

Winter Kimmy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Excellent
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

First, I'd like to address peoples' arguments that WoE is biased towards bigger guilds, to which I can only reply to with a quizzical look on my face. Of course bigger guilds are going to be favoured in WoE, that's the whole point! A 50 member guild is going to be at an obvious disadvantage when compared to a full 76 member guild. This is the way WoE was designed. This is the way WoE is meant to be played. For too long, WoE has been a simple 2 hour mass-PvP match for most people on this server; only now are people realising they have to sell their guilds, they have to recruit people and they have to offer something different than other guilds do, in order to recruit members. This is not a bad thing.

Its not a trick. FP is just good at recruiting  :wub:

KimDefender of O w n i n g EX

Bulk supplier of below items. Tab's name and Price are as in the image~!

Kim%2527s%2BShop.png

IGN: [ KimDefender ] [ Kim Agent ] [ Neoloki ] [ Sky Kim ] [ Kim Soul ] [ Frozen Kim ]

#12 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

Not gonna argue with that. Like I said in game, when there were 2 very large guilds it was fine. Now FP is the only guild coming in with numbers, and due to the bandwagon effect, it's staying that way. So game mechanics have to stop it. We'll probably slowly raise the limit up as things stabilize. But, I want to keep WoE active, so rather than have a bunch of small guilds and 1 big guild doing whatever it wants, having a bunch of small guilds is better.

For me, this has nothing to do with FP itself. I've never WoE'd against FP (last time I WoE'd was like 2008), I don't really know anyone in FP (full disclosure: anymore), and I don't really give a shit about WoE politics. All I see is 1 guild having more numbers than everyone else. It doesn't matter to me if you earned/worked for that or not. It's making WoE one sided, which is boring. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is. Like I said, in a few weeks we can look into raising the cap (10 members at a time). But for right now, this is how it is.

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#13 CreatorAngie

CreatorAngie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Problem is, there arent any people left to recruit, it wouldn't be a problem if the server still has 1000+ players like before. Ya'll bitching like its the end of the world for you, these changes can be undone when the server gets back its population again.

CAsig_zps3298e41d.png

New World Order

Spoiler

#14 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

Problem is, there arent any people left to recruit, it wouldn't be a problem if the server still has 1000+ players like before. Ya'll bitching like its the end of the world for you, these changes can be undone when the server gets back its population again.

That's the plan, we still getting lots of sign ups daily, but WoE has to stay interesting while we wait for more population. Those new people need to level up, farm gear, etc. It's a slow process.

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#15 Kanturu

Kanturu

Jet Life

• PipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts
Rep King
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

You serious about banning alt guild leaders brobro?

#16 Kyuupi

Kyuupi

Huh?

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Excellent
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

VIVA LA MAGICA

Current full time job : - - - - - -- - - |>                                   Kyuupi (Priest / AFK Master / Poring Whacker)

If I'm not on, @mail me,   if I don't reply you, call the cops. <_<

ycbGJfs.jpg

We all can have dreams

Proud owner of Non Meta (current members : me) :C

#17 Big Dumb Object

Big Dumb Object

• Root Admin
  • -1,213,968 posts
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:03 AM

You serious about banning alt guild leaders brobro?

You break a rule, you get banned. I don't know why that seems to baffle you.

If an alt guild takes a castle, it must be an ally of the main guild. If it is not, GM's can take the castle, break the guild, and/or ban the leader. It is up to GM's to decide what is and is not an "alt guild" and the name alone does not dictate this.

No alliances means no alliances, verbal or otherwise. That's the point of removing alliances. As I said in game, NAPs (non-aggression pacts) are fine and dandy. That means that you can agree not to attack a friends castle, but you can't help that friend take or defend a castle.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, or unfair to you. I'm just trying to keep WoE interesting. If you keep trying to find ways around what you know I'm trying to do I'm going to keep making rules and changes to stop you. I don't want to do that though, so don't make me. So, do us all a favor and save your energy you want to use to fight me on this and use it for having fun in the game and remember these changes are just temporary.

Also remember, if you do get me to make more changes to stop you and you think that means that you've "won" you are very mistaken. Every change I make will be undone 1 at a time over time. More changes = takes longer to get back to normal.

-Yukihiro Matsumoto

#18 Kanturu

Kanturu

Jet Life

• PipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts
Rep King
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

Chill bro I just asked a question lmao I haven't been ign in a minute

Edit: so that means only one guild can attack us at mardol at any given time right? I expect fellow players to follow these rules or I'm going to have my boy Ancyker hound that ass

#19 Navys

Navys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

Edit: so that means only one guild can attack us at mardol at any given time right? I expect fellow players to follow these rules or I'm going to have my boy Ancyker hound that ass

I think any guild is still allowed to attack any castle whenever they want, as long as they fight whoever shows up, instead of focusing exclusively on the defending guild.

Would still like a clarification on this.

Navys - Sniper - Main

K4SKAD3 - Assassin Cross - Farmer

Spoiler

#20 Kanturu

Kanturu

Jet Life

• PipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts
Rep King
  • Character

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

Nah. Any 2 guild attacking another guild's castle is a form of alliance. Therefore, it's not allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users