This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

Eir 2.0 Diary I

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Luxuri

Luxuri

ಠ_ರೃ

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:16 AM

Hello everyone!

A forewarning: this will be a wall of text without any pictures.

As previously promised, I said I would have some news about Eir to give at the end of the month, and here I am, right on schedule! Whilst I'm afraid not enough work has happened on Eir yet to show off some really cool screenshots or videos, enough concept work has taken place to allow me to talk about what we envision of the re-vitalised Eir. However, that's not to say work has happened on Eir; I've been doing a lot of back-end stuff to get Eir up and running (without errors or warnings) and that's progressed now to such a stage that I can load up Zeus as Eir and actually play the game. So there's that!

First, let me talk about the basics. Rates will be 5/5/3, max levels will be 99/70, and max stats will be 99. It will remain pre-Renewal. So far, so similar. We actually plan to spruce this up a bit: we are thinking of upping card drop rates to 5%, instead of 3%, so people don't have to spend as much time hunting cards, allowing more time for actual playing of the game. Overall, we want Eir to still be a low-rate and fill that niche. Looking around, it seems that playing a low-rate server is an itch a lot of people want scratched, and of course we do want to stay faithful to the old Eir.

In the way of NPCs, we are planning for the following: no Job Master, but a simplified transcendence quest; no Reset Girl, but the Hypnotist would be expended to let anyone use her until trans level 50 (or 80 for non-trans classes); no Warpra, but @go would be allowed in towns only; Healers in towns and common places. We're looking for a sort of vanilla feel, but one that doesn't hinder you. It's no fun sitting around town waiting for your HP/SP to restore, for example, hence why we think having a Healer would be a good idea.

As for @commands, we think basic is the best way to go, so for example: @autoloot, @ii, @id, @mi, etc. Things that help you, but not without negatively affecting the overall gameplay of the server.

Now, I mentioned we wanted a sort of vanilla feel, which is true, but that won't stop us from adding new, and custom, content to Eir. At this point in time, we are looking to release Eir with a brand new introduction quest line (so you would no longer spawn in the Novice Grounds); this is about 45% finished at this point in time. This would lead on into the "main story line", which I won't spoil at this point in time (but I have the general plot worked out in my head, as well as rewards). The idea behind this is to structure the quests in such a way that players, both new and old, never feel lost and always have something to do - or at least know where to go.

At this point in time, we don't know what we are going to do with legacy characters. However, if you do own legacy characters on Eir (from before it shut down), please do not expect to receive them back wholly intact. Because we're actually going for a re-work of Eir, and not just a re-opening, we may have to stagger the return of, or remove completely, old items from people's characters. We will do our best to ensure you receive everything you had before, though.

I hope this starts getting people intrigued about what the new Eir will bring. There's much more planned that just what's in this post, but I don't want to blow everything on one post, especially not when none of it has even been worked on yet! Needless to say, we're excited about what we can do with Eir, and we hope you'll enjoy what we eventually release.

I'll be posting these topics as and when there are updates, so please keep an eye out!

#2 Lance Eisengard

Lance Eisengard

oOoFUMBI MASTERoOo

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Server:Loki
  • Character

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

this is a great news indeed.

many new RO servers today are low rate and A LOT of people actually play them. I tried a couple of them these past few months, upon the recommendation of my friends, and i found it satisfying in a way. but since i am accustomed to RRO loki already, i ditched the servers and just returned here.

a lot of your statements have been implemented on those servers, well by that i mean all the basic things that they can do, like the @commands you mentioned. but since RRO is well known for the custom story line quests, i think people will be drawn to it.

a bit of a heads up:- some of the servers actually have +30 headgears which differentiates the donors from the nondonors. i know it sucks but hey, i'm just reporting what i observed. also, premium cards are available and 2 of the servers i played actually allows them into legit instances, though those are sold at a hefty price.

all in all this is a welcoming news for all of those who miss Eir. heck if we indeed decide to reinstate it i will tell my friends to try it out.

(PLEASE DON'T RELEASE IT HALF-BAKED. FEW TO NO BUGS PLEASE :))

now for an off topic query:-

WHY NO MORE PREMIUM CARDS IN CASH SHOP??? RIP LKC :(

#3 Rehyu

Rehyu

~Da Nicest SinX~ Princess of Eir

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Server:Eir
  • Character

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

Okay first off thank you Lux for all your work on Eir so far. Second as a 10 year vet of Eir id be upset if the mvp cards, donates and god items i have were removed cause it took me about 9 years to get them. Other than that the only other thing that is a little of a problem would be the reset girl since when you WoE on a char that you also farm on you kinda need to be able to swap stats you can bump up the price of a reset im fine with that as long as i have it if i had to choose between a healer or reset id choose reset since you can just pot or sit for hp/sp yeah it might take a while but its not a necessity. Thirdly bumping up the card drop sounds cool since 3% takes forever to get the card you want so thank you for considering that. My 2cents dun hate me 

-Eir- *Retired*                                                                   - Loki -
rehyu                                                               Loki Rehyu 255/120 [Stalker]
Buffing Myself                                           Casta Brisdell 255/120[High Wiz]
Shooting angel                                         Falconer Reborn 255/120[Sniper]
Rehdawg                                                   Midnight Assassin 255/120[Sinx]
Stripper4U                                                        Dark Rehyu 255/120[Gypsy]
Spiritual Rehyu                                         Creator Rehyu 255/120 [ Creator]
Dark Rehyu.
Creating Disaster                                  Eternal Asura Legends <3
My Guild: Lost Souls
♥ illuminati ♥

5iXOuwn.jpg?1

#4 Fizste

Fizste

Too legit to quit

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Poor

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

First and foremost, thank you Lux for the good news I'm dying to hear since Eir being closed. I am agreeing with Rehyu on her thoughts and ideas. I would prefer the reset girl rather than the healer because people tend to use High Priest for healing. Also, Osiris card can be useless if healers are free without cool down and fees.

p/s: hi reh reh.. i miss you~

XO6YXjt.png
[Eir] Fairy Tail Guildmaster
Fizsterina : 99 : Assassin Cross
Fizanami : 99 : Creator
Fizanagi : 95 : Whitesmith
Fizami : 99 : High Wizard

Fizsen : 99 : Professor

Lucis Caelum : 99 : High Priest

Fizie Hendrix : 99 : Clown

Fizsette : 88 : Sniper

Fizenny : 99 : Stalker

私は愛らしいです

Niels said : To be honest I think Fizste does a decent job being a guild leader. He motivates his guild members, doesn't get a profit from them (unlike others ) and enjoys it. If only other guilds would take an example to him Instead they cling on old standards instead of reacting to the current circumstances.

#5 Martreus

Martreus

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

My suggestion for what you called Legacy Characters would be 'freeze' them and some equips for a while, following a chart someway like that: maxed out characters would be available when there is some threshold of new chars on some level, MvP cards a while after the server opening (some weeks, month?) just to don't cause massive imbalance, items and equips could follow the same pattern.

This way I think the fresh start would be good for establishing a new community and the gradually implementation of old equips and chars would help pushing the power level forward in a favorable pace. Old players playing new chars on the beginning should be seen as a way to populate the server with new players. 

#6 Rehyu

Rehyu

~Da Nicest SinX~ Princess of Eir

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?
  • Character

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

I agree with Martreus freezing our old characters and items might make people more willing to join if we all start on a equal ground and then eventually ease the max characters and items back in. 

-Eir- *Retired*                                                                   - Loki -
rehyu                                                               Loki Rehyu 255/120 [Stalker]
Buffing Myself                                           Casta Brisdell 255/120[High Wiz]
Shooting angel                                         Falconer Reborn 255/120[Sniper]
Rehdawg                                                   Midnight Assassin 255/120[Sinx]
Stripper4U                                                        Dark Rehyu 255/120[Gypsy]
Spiritual Rehyu                                         Creator Rehyu 255/120 [ Creator]
Dark Rehyu.
Creating Disaster                                  Eternal Asura Legends <3
My Guild: Lost Souls
♥ illuminati ♥

5iXOuwn.jpg?1

#7 BlazeX

BlazeX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

Wipe all mvp cards,mini-boss cards.i will loose too,but this will bring more competition.Eir got closed primarily coz it had lot of mvp cards it became pretty much one sided in woe/MvP/PvM.This is the best way i can put up.

Eir:RETIRED (proud ex member MAFIA,Sairai,OMEGA,TTE,Ghibli)

BlazeX 99/70 sinX 

Evilin 99/70 HW (Woe Biatch,MVPer)

kiLLswitch 99/70 paladin

Amen 99/70 MvP support HP

Divine Heal mdef beast 99/70 HP

vendingforz 99/70 WS

Souijuro:99/70 AD creator

r0ughnex 99/70 Mvping sniper

Divinityz:99/70 MvP Champ

Thor:RETIRED(proud ex member team ZG)

BlazeX V2 ranger 175/60

#8 Martreus

Martreus

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Wipe all mvp cards,mini-boss cards.i will loose too,but this will bring more competition.Eir got closed primarily coz it had lot of mvp cards it became pretty much one sided in woe/MvP/PvM.This is the best way i can put up.

I'm willing to disagree about wipe. Eir per see was not closed or forced down. It just just fell into a void of player evasion and then put on suspension. Doing a wipe would only play against stability of the server. Mind you, all those MvP cards were obtained thanks to the effort of very old players, or bought with the same or more effort in zeny farming. Doing a wipe would add an unnecessary insecurity, as the goal of the server would be have players staying and keeping their efforts.

But as a follow up to your comment, I would like to add I agree with the imbalance adding those cards from the very start would bring. My suggestion would be the same as the post above, but keeping track of possible broken MvP cards and adding nerfs if necessary.

As your worry about the one sided WoE, I would like to think in another perspective: we should no try to disarm those who effort got their cards, but ferment the new players to get their own good equipment. For this, I would like to suggest some specific cards that help in farming and monster hunting, like racial and elemental modifies and slotted weapon. The server could have some differential drop rates for these cards or force events and quests that would require players to hunt in maps with those monsters. It would help economy, as players would have more chance to acquire equipment relevant to their huntings.

Finishing, I also would like to remember one of the last efforts to support Eir: the council. We should, if the server really goes online again, start with it. It was a good initiative that would help shape Eir as a different server and hopefully affordable to new players.

#9 Beseech

Beseech

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:43 AM

Make a wipe (idc if it will be full wipe or just mvp&mini-boss cards) and remove @go command - it kills the game (keep the warpra/change the NPC/do anything but infinite fly wings/butterfly wings and @go). It'd be nice to make Eir similar to this: https://www.reddit.c..._to_prerenewal/

#10 Kurama

Kurama

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Good

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

I will be greatly saddened by the loss of my one and only miniboss card: chepet, but I will find a way to soldier on if the server does wipe mvp cards/gear. Bringing it back exactly as it was will get the occasional new player who stays until he realises every tom, richard and herschel has a GTB, devi, gr and can't even begin to compete with the established vets who monopolize mvps

I played iRO before trans classes existed, even before it had 2-2 classes. You really think I'll find 100/100/10/2 worse than that? 

If you haven't noticed, all efforts lately are on Thor. Loki hasn't had an update in nearly 2 months. So maybe you should fuck off?  :)

#11 HieiSix

HieiSix

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

I downloaded and installed this server because of Eir, and apparently he's off, I wonder if you have enabled it again or abandoned this idea, and if reactivate has date for this?

PS: Sorry my English is bad ...

#12 Abankss

Abankss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Neutral
  • Server:Tyr

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

glad to hear, i love pre-renewal RO, like i used to play tyr, maybe im going to play eir, because tyr become thor, and hope my nates/coins at tyr can be returned :)

Thor

Cast - Warlock

My Last Redemptio - Mechanic

Poison Ivy - Guillotine Cross

Loki

Y u b e r - Paladin

Stallion The Elves - Sniper

#13 jesss69

jesss69

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the news!!! Im happy to see some names i didnt see for a long time! 

- Sunshine66

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users