This is a read only copy of the forum. No changes will be saved. Head over to the new community if you want to post.

Enabling to re-enter again in an instance after getting disconnected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Syuveil

Syuveil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Good
  • Server:Loki

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

Could you make a way to organize a save-point system so you can re-enter an instance or a quest if you disconnect from it? I don't know about the scripts and its own limitations, like defining involuntary disconnecting and intentionally DC'ng just to get out of the game.

Me and my party have been experiencing this kind of problem, it is so frustrating. Instances like Faceworm nest, Old Glast heim past and Hazy forest consumes a lot of time to do and being unable to get back in after getting disconnected due to connection and server issue is kinda stressful. You may want atleast to change this endless restrictions particularly on loooong instances. Thanks. 

Is there a way to develop a save-point system so you can re-enter an instance if you disconnect from it? I’m not tech-savy so I don’t really know the limitations on this, like how to tell the difference between involuntary DCing and cheating death by quickly closing the game.

I’ve been running Hidden Arcana on all my alts, but this last time through I’ve been disconnected four times at various stages in the instance. The last time was after all the combats, but before I could talk to Ogden and claim credit for it. Infuriating.

I’m sure this has been brought up before, but… broken search and all…

#2 Eris

Eris

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Good
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:39 AM

Dear Syuveil,

Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, due to scripting limitations and validity of disconnections, we cannot implement this idea. :(

However, feel free to ask for Mixtape or myself in #main if you or your party members is disconnected during an instance - we will try to assist the best we can for each situation based on their circumstances.

Best wishes,

Eris

signature_eris_2_by_mirasafa-da428f6.png

Thor's F'eris Wheel

RebirthRO Wiki    iRO Wiki  ♥  Ratemyserver 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users