Photo

Sorely disappointed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#1 UntamablePriestess

UntamablePriestess

• Lurker
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I realise the Staff is just trying to balance out the dmg from ds but i dont think theyre aware that in doing what theyre doing theyre oblierating and entire build with it and im not refering to ds at all. due to the recent nerfs of the ds/bs equips you are also nerfing crit snipers in a far worse way. over the past few patches the dmg has dropped by almost a full 10k which in crit is a HUGE amount add in the 25% reduction in woe and its alot more lost then add in the constant pnuema from pnuema clips not counting the skill and the corvo casting both pnuema and safety wall at the same time and you have essentianally nuetralized an entire build. i am sorely disappointed in this.

#2 Euphemia

Euphemia

Pi(e)

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Probably goes to complaints section?

On Hiatus

Posted Image

KaitouTenshi of Frosted Puff

Like this red, burning flame,
Don't forget the reasons for your bitter tears.

#3 UntamablePriestess

UntamablePriestess

• Lurker
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

not so much a complaint as pointing out the obvious that no one else seems to see

#4 kracker

kracker

i hate you

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

it seems like the current mentality is this, sniper damage is so broken, when its more like macro is broken and were trying to fix it, and hurting the class overall.

Posted Image
sig. by Cuno

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"Remember a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting." - Lord Commander Solar Macharius

#5 Kanturu

Kanturu

Jet Life

• PipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
Rep King  Member Likes

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

We still have champs and creos to balance. Right now ranged classes barely stand a chance in dps against these two classes.

#6 Mr Tim

Mr Tim

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Ok, lets recap. Sniper 25% ranged nerf in woe, Pneuma that casts nearly instantly, Ranged reduce/reflect gear like crazy, and to top it all off, new nerfs to ranged damage via IBPC cards, oh and skills is'nt there a 40% nerf on those as well? OH and i almost forgot, ... use 2 pneuma clips.

So all in all even IF you do manage to get high damage, IF it even gets through pneuma spam, there is reflect gear as well.

The point is, be careful, this is getting to the point of making an entire class possibly all ranged classes void.

Think about it ^^

#7 Lycris

Lycris

Formerly known as Jar Jar Binks

• Moderators
  • -9,938 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

I would agree except for the part that said crit snipers. They don't get a say ;[.

After all, if you're intelligent enough to type a response, you're intelligent enough to not play crit sniper.
Ned to change sig. qq.

#8 Stolen Syn

Stolen Syn

That one champ

• PipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

uh, ted?

crit snipers are needed in woe for hitlocking classes. pvp is a different story, but guess what? OP doesnt do PVP

Stolen Syn - 255/120 Assassin Cross
Shorjewken - 255/120 Champion

Sacrifice for Jew - 255/120 Paladin

All four Hall of Abyss MvPs have received a slight HP boost and anti-Asura measures installed.

A nerf? All for me? Aww Lux, you shouldn't have.~

Jake ! yes you could be a real SOB at times, but you knew the game better than 99.99% of players. You helped more players than you ever got credit for including myself. You kept the GM,s and the game honest. You made the game better simply because you cared. Our loss. All the best and hope you change your mind.

#9 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

Kamikaze Watermelon

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Lol so knew this was coming I saw the pat h notes and was like yep here comes crystal and tim... But for real snipers are getting the shaft epically lately...

Good thing you two got hax priest/wiz combo

287epty.png

Good times and riches, and son of a bitches,
I've seen more than I can recall.

Let us die young, or let us live forever.

#10 Lycris

Lycris

Formerly known as Jar Jar Binks

• Moderators
  • -9,938 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Nein I hate one click wonders ;[.
Ned to change sig. qq.

#11 Stolen Syn

Stolen Syn

That one champ

• PipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

one click wonder is the name of your father in law. and my ro dad :(

and deal with it.

Stolen Syn - 255/120 Assassin Cross
Shorjewken - 255/120 Champion

Sacrifice for Jew - 255/120 Paladin

All four Hall of Abyss MvPs have received a slight HP boost and anti-Asura measures installed.

A nerf? All for me? Aww Lux, you shouldn't have.~

Jake ! yes you could be a real SOB at times, but you knew the game better than 99.99% of players. You helped more players than you ever got credit for including myself. You kept the GM,s and the game honest. You made the game better simply because you cared. Our loss. All the best and hope you change your mind.

#12 Kaz

Kaz

>∩(・ω・)∩<

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hit-locking snipers are only needed cause people can't trap and survive properly.

Though really, with all the new gear magic and melee get (shields, rods etc), range does lack its use, really. Same range as magic, lower burst damage and aoe, lower speed. If only we'd get our sight range back. If only.

#13 III senpai III

III senpai III

Yamite! Yamite!

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Oh man not again :Sob:/> After a long time that these IPBC cards got implemented especially Cowring, Nekoring, Pandaling and Whispering why is it the only time that these cards got fixed? Since the time these cards came to the server snipers never really had an easy time fighting diff classes may it be on WoE or on PvP. The thing is, with these IPBC cards having the 'error' for a long time, is this much of a problem to other classes to deal with? say yeah, with just pneuma clip alone snipers render almost useless.

Posted Image

#14 Grocery

Grocery

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Crit snipers are retarded ]:

tumblr_mtb00xFqc51rhvgjuo1_500.png

Can

#15 jettismyname

jettismyname

RRO is my game

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Well, I hope there'll be justice soon.

[ A Very Active Player ]

<image removed.. Please contact Sen if you have any questions and make sure you can receive PMs>

My Sig by YohinX

#16 Chen

Chen

This Guy is Insane

• PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
Can I Spend Rep Yet?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Oh man not again :Sob:/>/> After a long time that these IPBC cards got implemented especially Cowring, Nekoring, Pandaling and Whispering why is it the only time that these cards got fixed? Since the time these cards came to the server snipers never really had an easy time fighting diff classes may it be on WoE or on PvP. The thing is, with these IPBC cards having the 'error' for a long time, is this much of a problem to other classes to deal with? say yeah, with just pneuma clip alone snipers render almost useless.

The card was fixed before, but then the GMs decided to give the range bonus with these cards. I'm guessing the today's GMs believe that the thing is broken.

Clicking the image below will help hatch or grow the dragon!
Posted Image
Every Second, Doesn't Mean That You Have Less Life, Means That You Have Lived More.

*Waiting for the shield card that gives 50% resistance to physical reflect damage*
Teddy Baal -- Garment : Reduces damage from reflected melee attacks by 50%. Win!

#17 Rahul

Rahul

Power Level: Over 9000!

• PipPipPip
  • 11,133 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

No, it was never fixed. They tried but couldn't fix it. They decided to just halve all custom attack script items to balance it out, but players didn't like that.

I don't really mind if its only those footgear cards that changed. But I would not like it if other stuff also suddenly gives less attack.

76561198018554040.png
Rahul . . . . . . . . . . StormJuggler . . . . . . . . . . StormFighter

#18 UntamablePriestess

UntamablePriestess

• Lurker
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I would agree except for the part that said crit snipers. They don't get a say ;[.After all, if you're intelligent enough to type a response, you're intelligent enough to not play crit sniper.

I posted this thread to bring awareness that the changes being made for ds are threatening another build not to have a moderator voice his extreme distaste of a build he obviously does not like. And as a moderator you should be happy that someone is voicing this not being extremely rude and disrespectful to those that do play this build. I would expect more of the moderators of this forum.

#19 Rahul

Rahul

Power Level: Over 9000!

• PipPipPip
  • 11,133 posts
I Got Friends.. Who Knew?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

He is a moderator. His job is to keep forums clean and make sure rules are followed.
This doesn't mean he cant post what he feels. As long as he isn't breaking the rules either by words or spirit, he is entitled to do what he pleases, which is exactly how it should be.

76561198018554040.png
Rahul . . . . . . . . . . StormJuggler . . . . . . . . . . StormFighter

#20 UntamablePriestess

UntamablePriestess

• Lurker
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

He is a moderator. His job is to keep forums clean and make sure rules are followed.
This doesn't mean he cant post what he feels. As long as he isn't breaking the rules either by words or spirit, he is entitled to do what he pleases, which is exactly how it should be.

It is rather obvious that you did not read what he said. Calling someone less intelligent because they prefer one build over another is far from respectful. It's outright rude. I would suggest you go read the General Forum Behavior post by Lilalyn. I would also appreciate it if people could stay on topic.