Photo

Project Super Novice....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 LiL.Will

LiL.Will

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hiya I decided to try something new and chose to make a Super Novice and use them in PvP and see how well I do using them at their fullest potential bad thing is I dont have much knowledge on equips and there are certain skills that i dont know what to get nor the builds of a PvP super novice im not asking to be spoon fed just want some nice facts to help me get started this class is really fun so why not give it a shot right?

Lol hope someone at least responds...

Thank you.
Posted Image

#2 onkive

onkive

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

Donor or non-donor tips?

If it's the former, then I can't provide assistance, if the latter... I just might be able to.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

So I was just wondering that if what happens begins that an afterwards, how is that at then greater through was what before?

Brave Sound
Central - High Priest: 255/120.
"An equal...? No-you surpass...!"

Posted Image

#3 LiL.Will

LiL.Will

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:04 AM

Donor or non-donor tips?

If it's the former, then I can't provide assistance, if the latter... I just might be able to.

Im making a donor super novice first.
Posted Image

#4 Mr. Bear

Mr. Bear

Complete Forum Whore

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts
Terrible

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

Firstly, I do believe there's a Super Novice guide in the guide section, though I don't think it's particularly spectacular.
EDIT: It's in this subforum, not the guide section.

Get a fully upgraded Super Novice set first. Go max Dex and card your Super Bow (better to have two: one Thana one non-Thana) with traditional Sniper stuff (TG's, Incant, Thana, LoD, Valk R., etc).

It's your option whether you want to donate for the Angel's French Kiss or not. On the one hand, it completes the set and gives you its bonus. On the other, it doesn't provide the +50% demihuman damage. Yes, it's a tough decision and it annoys the heck out of me :/ As for cards to use, that's just your option; there really isn't a necessity other than Mistress Orc Hero Marduk. Use two Brisingamen, or if you don't have them, ROFL ROR. Get the upgraded Shield as well and I guess the sword that is designed for Super Novices (can't remember the name off the top of my head). (not required; your STR will be at or close to zero unless you go Bash build which I highly recommend you do not do).
EDIT: In retrospect, you might be better off with a hybrid build if you don't go Flee. By this I mean max aspd, 220 DEX, 220 INT, rest VIT.

As for Stats, go max Dex, max ASPD, then either VIT or INT for spells. I usually went VIT since the magic selection is sub-par and the only way it would be remotely good is if you went max INT rather than max DEX (which I would not recommend since your damage will not be good). Some magic-oriented skills are worth using though simply to slow down the opponent.

Now for Skills, which are the most irritating aspect of Super Novices, since there are three times more skills than there are job points. :/

Ideally, get all the buff helms to save on job points. It will greatly open up your options. Otherwise, allocate your buffs in the necessary spots. Remember to assign your stat points AFTER you have buffed yourself, so you can save up on stats. Assign points to Angelus only if you have low vit (it makes you more vulnerable to Thana is why, and I'm willing to bet you will have high enough vit to make it a problem). Fire Wall is essential for PvP, but not for WoE, so you're the judge on that one. It does take a lot of skill points if you decide to use it. Get Pneuma, Safety Wall, and all bow-related Buffs. Other than that, you won't have many Job Points left. Just experiment around and see what works best for you. :Ok:

You might also want to consider a Flee build as well. If that's the case, go max AGI and use Fox Ears.

As for advice on how to play, I'm not really a good person to go to for that. Pneuma, Safety Wall, and Fire Wall are your friends though. Oh, and I thought of a reason to get the shield: Maya. Though it will probably take only one Double Bolt of Profs to kill you anyways. >_>

I love you, Aurora. <3

BUT YOUR NUTS ARE SO PRETTY.

#5 Mr. Bear

Mr. Bear

Complete Forum Whore

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts
Terrible

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Made a guide about it. You can find it here.

I love you, Aurora. <3

#6 LiL.Will

LiL.Will

Advanced Member

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

Haha yeah I have read your guide I'm still having a tough time deciding on what skills to get for example I have the Hyugen hat so I shouldn't even get level 10 heal right? I dont think I'll be using a mistress card so at least level 6 stone curse would be smart right? I was planning on making my super novi like this...

It was gonna be a Dex/Int/Vit build...something simple lol

Str: 1
Agi: enough for max aspd
Vit:70-100
Int: 200 or more it'll be maxed by 5 or 7 though
Dex: maxed in mutiples of 10
Luk: 1
Posted Image

#7 Mr. Bear

Mr. Bear

Complete Forum Whore

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts
Terrible

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

I would seriously rethink the Hyegun hat if I were you. The Feather Beret (which is a PvP hat as well) will give you two additional levels of Heal which is extremely nice. Stone Curse is okay, but the drawbacks are you need to be close, and that a lot of players use Gemini's for immunity, so it isn't really that useful (though I have it level 10 anyways just in case). Use a bow with one or two LoD's since it's going to be changed next maintenance. Its ability to slow down the opponent and keep them at a distance will be invaluable to you. Your build seems fine, but if you don't have a FBH or Kiel, your magic won't be strong enough to be worth using, even with max Int. Here are the skills that are a must-have no matter how you get them:

Double Strafe
Heal
Mammomite (very powerful close range attack)
Fire Bolt
Thunder Storm (any level)
Increase Agi (any level)
Decrease Agi (any level)
Fire Wall (PvP only; I only use up to level 5)
Pneuma
Vulture's Eye
Attention Concentrate

Note how the buff helms would help you immensely. With them, you can pretty much allocate all the skills you want (almost). But even without them and only allocating what I have listed above, you'll still have a lot of spare points to allocate however you see fit.

I love you, Aurora. <3